Private bus operators to go for islandwide strike
December 14, 2011 12:56 pm
Private bus operators have decided to go for an islandwide strike as authorities have failed to fulfill promises made to them, President of the Private Bus Owners Association, Gemunu Wijeratne said today.
On December 13 Wijerathne addressing a media briefing he said that the month that was given to the government to respond to their demand is now over while the bus owners will meet to decide on what steps are to be taken.
Meanwhile, the All Island Private Bus Owners Federation President, Stanley Fernando claimed that the launching a protest would be unfair considering the Transport Minister had already given a reply to their demands.