8 hospitalized after clash school rugby match
June 27, 2013 08:21 pm
Eight players of St. Anthony’s College and Kingswood College Kandy have been admitted to the Kandy Hospital following a clash at a rugby match played today, a spokesman for the hospital said.
The rugby encounter between the two schools, held at Bogambara Stadium today, was halted abruptly after a fight broke out between the teams, Ada Derana reporter said.
Seven students are being treated in ward No. 10 while another is receiving treatment at the Department of Ophthalmology at Kandy Hospital, Director of the hospital Dr. D.G.A. Dissanayake said.
Sri Lanka Schools Rugby Football Association stated that the Kingswood team was leading 6-5 when the clash took place in the final half of the Division 1 A match.
A full-scale inquiry will be conducted into the incident before a final decision is reached, a spokesman for the association said.
- Tense situation in Trincomalee after group attempts to disrupt protest
- VIDEO: Govt. is setting up commissions in order to earn more commissions - Ranil
- VIDEO: Public has a right to know about govt’s plan with EPF - UNP
- Bope Poddala PS budget defeated by one vote
- EU piles pressure on Sri Lanka over human rights