Bomb scare at a girls’ school in Negombo

Bomb scare at a girls’ school in Negombo

October 12, 2018   04:49 pm

A tense situation had prevailed at a leading girls’ school in Negombo this morning (12) after an anonymous telephone call had been received by its principal, claiming that a time bomb was placed inside the school premises.

The anonymous caller had told the principal to evacuate the students from the school premises within 20 minutes as a time bomb was placed inside the school.

Hence, the staff of the school reportedly had taken the students to safety by evacuating them to a ground.

The police and the CID have commenced an investigation into the incident and the anonymous telephone call.

Disclaimer: All the comments will be moderated by the AD editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or slanderous. Please avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment and avoid typing all capitalized comments. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by flagging them(mouse over a comment and click the flag icon on the right side). Do use these forums to voice your opinions and create healthy discourse.

Most Viewed Video Stories

🔴LIVE | Ada Derana Lunch Time News Bulletin 12.00 pm

🔴LIVE | Ada Derana Lunch Time News Bulletin 12.00 pm

President AKD assures country will not face another economic collapse like in 2022 (English)

Opposition parties convene to discuss rising economic pressure from rupee depreciation (English)

Opposition requests for an all-party conference to discuss current economic concerns (English)

Ada Derana Lunch Time News Bulletin 12.00 pm

Prices of imported items could rise by 25% amid rupee depreciation: CLA (English)

Govt. to prioritise rural roads, drinking water supply and waste management in next budget (English)

Govt says exchange rate fluctuations can't be controlled overnight; Opp. warns of interest rate hike (English)