Chinese coronavirus patient at IDH to be discharged

Chinese coronavirus patient at IDH to be discharged

February 18, 2020   10:02 pm

The Chinese coronavirus patient who is being treated at the Infectious Disease Hospital (IDH) has fully recovered, according to the Ministry of Health. 

The female patient is to be discharged from the hospital tomorrow morning (18), the ministry said.

The first confirmed case of novel coronavirus was reported in Sri Lanka on the 27th of January as a female Chinese national was diagnosed with the deadly virus, which has now rapidly spread across many countries just within days.

The 47-year old Chinese woman from Hubei Province in China was admitted to the IDH in critical condition.

The woman had arrived as a tourist with another group of travelers and had been screened at the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) for having a high fever. 

However, the patient who was the only person to test positive for 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in Sri Lanka thus far, has recovered completely, the health ministry said.

Disclaimer: All the comments will be moderated by the AD editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or slanderous. Please avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment and avoid typing all capitalized comments. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by flagging them(mouse over a comment and click the flag icon on the right side). Do use these forums to voice your opinions and create healthy discourse.

Most Viewed Video Stories

LIVE🔴 Ada Derana Midday Prime News Bulletin

LIVE🔴 Ada Derana Midday Prime News Bulletin

Police identify four suspects in Akuregoda shooting; Major operation underway to nab perpetrators (English)

Several factions vehemently oppose CEB's proposal to increase electricity tariffs (English)

Bar Association members decide to refrain from appearing in courts tomorrow (English)

Maha Shivaratri celebrated with devotion; Religious rituals held at Kovils across Sri Lanka (English)

Ada Derana Lunch Time News Bulletin 12.00 pm

Govt continues to mislead the people, Opposition Leader claims on underworld tensions (English)

CEB proposes 13.56% increase in electricity tariffs for second quarter of 2026 (English)