Health minister signs COVID-19 prevention regulations gazette
October 15, 2020 05:09 pm
Pavithra Wanniarachchi, Minister of Health has taken steps to issue a special gazette notification including the key health safety measures under the new quarantine laws such as maintaining social distance at public places and wearing masks.
Accordingly, the Minister of Health signed the said gazette notification today (15) and it is expected to be published tonight, according to the ministry.
With the issuance of this new gazette notification, the courts will henceforth be able to issue either a sentence of imposing a fine of not more than Rs. 10,000 or a prison sentence of six months or both sentences against those who break the law.
In addition, this gazette notification indicates the entry and maintenance of business and workplaces.
- Everyone who enters a workplace or place of business must wear a face mask at all times
- Maintaining a social distance of not less than one meter between two persons
- Measuring everyone’s body temperature before entering the workplace
- Providing adequate hand washing facilities with sanitizer
- Maintain a document containing the name, identity card number and contact information of each visitor
- Keeping the number of employees and other persons in the workplace not exceeding the maximum level
In addition, provisions have been made by this gazette notification to strengthen laws relating to specific issues such as travel restrictions, quarantine, and transportation.
Corona Virus Disease 2019 (Covid 19) (Preventive Measures) Regulations by Ada Derana on Scribd