All trains operating on Main, Kelani Valley & Puttalam lines cancelled
October 25, 2020 09:07 pm
All trains operating on the Main, Kelani Valley and Puttalam Lines with effect from tomorrow (26), Sri Lanka Railways announced.
In the meantime, long-distance trains and intercity trains will also be temporarily halted effective from tomorrow.
Further, all night mail trains departing from the Fort Railway Station were cancelled until further notice, from today (25).
However, 06 trains on the Coastal Line will be operated from tomorrow (26). Due to the quarantine curfew imposed in Colombo Fort police area, the trains setting off from Galle and Beliatta will be operated only up to Kollupitiya railway station.
- Train No. 8311 which departs from Galle station at 3.15 am
- Train No. 8097 (Sagarika) which departs from Beliatta station at 4.30 am
- Train No. 8327 (Samudradevi) which departs from Galle station at 5.00 am
- Train No. 8096 (Sagarika) which departs for Beliatta from Maradana station at 4.40 pm
- Train No. 8760 (Samudradevi) which departs for Galle from Maradana at 5.25 pm
- Train No. 8766 which departs for Galle from Maradana at 6.10 pm
The last three trains mentioned above will commence boarding passengers from Kollupitiya railway station, the notice read further.
However, the specially-arranged trains for G.C.E. Advanced Level examinees will continue to operate, the railway department added.
In addition, all local trains operating in Aluthgama, Galle, Beliatta, Polgahawela, Maho and Nawalapitiya divisions as well as in Anuradhapura division will operate as per usual.