Five more COVID-19 deaths bring tally to 450
February 22, 2021 09:59 pm
Sri Lanka has reported 05 more coronavirus-related deaths, the Director-General of Health Services confirmed today (February 22).
As per the Department of Government Information, two male patients and three female patients are among the victims.
The new deaths bring the number of COVID-19 related deaths witnessed in Sri Lanka to 450 in total.
01. The deceased is a 33-year-old female from Dunagaha. She died on 20.02.2021 while undergoing treatments at Teaching Hospital Kurunegala. The cause of death is mentioned as acute diabetes and acute kidney disease with Covid-19 infection.
02. The deceased is an 82-year-old female from Nugegoda. She died on 19.02.2021 at her residence. The Cause of death is mentioned as Covid-19 pneumonia.
03. The deceased is a 69-year-old male from Colombo 12. He died on 20.02.2021 while on admission to General Hospital Colombo. The cause of death is mentioned as blood poisoning and acute urinary tract infection with Covid-19 infection.
04. The deceased is an 83-year-old female from Minuwangoda. She was transferred from District Hospital Gampaha to Base Hospital Mulleriyawa where she died on 22.02.2021. The cause of death is mentioned as Covid-19 pneumonia and acute kidney damage.
05. The deceased is a 77-year-old male from Colombo 13. He died on 20.02.2021 at his residence. The cause of death is mentioned as Covid-19 pneumonia, acute diabetes, and high blood pressure.