Coronavirus death toll climbs to 489
March 4, 2021 09:43 pm
Sri Lanka has reported 05 more coronavirus-related deaths, the Director-General of Health Services confirmed today (March 04).
As per the Department of Government Information, one male patient and four female patients are among the victims.
The new deaths bring the number of COVID-19 related deaths witnessed in Sri Lanka to 489 in total.
01. The deceased is a 53-year-old female resident from Ussapitiya. She was transferred from Mawanella Hospital to Base Hospital Kegalle where she was diagnosed as infected with the Covid-19 virus. Consequently, she was transferred to General Hospital Kandy where she died on 22.02.2021. The cause of death is mentioned as Covid-19 pneumonia.
02. The deceased is a 78-year-old female from Giriulla. She was diagnosed as infected with the Covid-19 virus while undergoing treatments at a private hospital in Colombo. Then she was transferred to Kothlawala Defense Hospital where she died on 04.03.2021. The cause of death is mentioned as Covid-19 pneumonia and multiple organs dysfunction.
03. The deceased is a 72-year-old male resident from Kolonnawa. He died on 02.03.2021 while undergoing treatments at a private hospital in Colombo, The cause of death is mentioned as heart disease, Covid-19 pneumonia, and acute kidney damage.
04. The deceased is a 62-year-old female from Mattakkuliya, She was diagnosed as infected with the Covid-19 virus while undergoing treatments at General Hospital Colombo and transferred to Base Hospital Homagama where she died on 01.03.2021. The cause of death is mentioned as Covid-19 infection and respiratory system failure.
05. The diseased is a 70-year-old female from Boralesgamuwa. She was diagnosed as infected with Covid-19 while undergoing treatments at Apeksha Hospital Maharagama and transferred to Base Hospital Mulleriyawa where she died on 03.03.2021. The cause of death is mentioned as blood poisoning shock, Covid-19 pneumonia, acute kidney damages, and cancer.