Power cuts possible tonight as well

Power cuts possible tonight as well

January 14, 2022   07:24 pm

Disruptions to the electricity supply can be expected in parts of the island tonight (January 14) as well, says the Ministry of Power.

The power outages will last for approximately one hour, it said.

Many areas have been experiencing sporadic power cuts over the past few days. Against this backdrop, the CEB published a manual load shedding schedule indicating the times and areas where there could be possible power cuts.

The CEB had cautioned previously that disruptions to the power supply can be expected in the coming days if required stocks of fuel are not received to continue the operations at power plants.

The Ceylon Petroleum Corporation (CPC) had previously said it is no longer able to provide fuel to the CEB on credit basis, however, it reached an urgent decision to  to deliver 1,500 metric tons of diesel to the Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) daily until January 18, after taking into account the ongoing situation.

Disclaimer: All the comments will be moderated by the AD editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or slanderous. Please avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment and avoid typing all capitalized comments. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by flagging them(mouse over a comment and click the flag icon on the right side). Do use these forums to voice your opinions and create healthy discourse.

Most Viewed Video Stories

Justice Minister says it is fair to pardon Ranjan Ramanayake

Justice Minister says it is fair to pardon Ranjan Ramanayake

Today marks Nikini full moon Poya day

22nd constitutional amendment presented in parliament today (English)

Time period given to vacate Galle Face protest site ends

Arjuna Ranatunga appointed chairman of National Sports Council (English)

Sapugaskanda refinery to resume operations next week (English)

Sri Lanka's former president expected to fly to Thailand - sources (English)

Writs filed against police order on Galle Face protest site withdrawn (English)