Committee appointed to propose recommendations to restructure CEB
August 6, 2022 12:51 pm
An eight-member committee was appointed yesterday (Aug 05) to propose recommendations to restructure the Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB), Minister of Power & Energy Kanchana Wijesekera says.
The committee is tasked with submitting recommendations within a month from their appointment to restructure the state-owned institution.
On August 01, the Cabinet of Ministers green-lighted the commencement of restructuring the electricity board.
The members of the committee are as follows:
1. Dr. R.H.S. Samaratunge - Former Secretary of Finance Ministry
2. M.M.C. Ferdinando - Former Secretary of Ministry of Power & Energy
3. Dr. Susantha Perera - Former Assistant General Manager of Ceylon Electricity Board
4. Thilan Wijesinghe - Former Chairman of Board of Investment
5. Saliya Wickramasuriya – Chairman of Petroleum Development Authority & Director General of Port City Economic Commission,
6. President’s Counsel Nihal Jayawardhane - Former Legal Consultant to the Public Enterprise Reforms Commission
7. Attorney-at-Law Harsha Fernando - Former Senior State Counsel at the Attorney General’s Department
8. Chandana Wijesinghe – Director of Ministry of Power & Energy