Explosion in Dematagoda; 2 females injured

Explosion in Dematagoda; 2 females injured

September 15, 2019   10:01 am

-

UPDATE (10.29 am): The explosion which occurred in a house in Dematagoda this morning (15) has been caused by a gas leak, stated the Police Media Spokesperson SP Ruwan Gunasekara.

Reportedly, persons at the house had attempted to switch on the stove during a leak in an LP gas cylinder.


An explosion has been reported from a house in the Dematagoda area this morning (15), stated the Police Media Spokesperson.

The explosion had occurred at a house Mahawila Lane area in Samanthawatte, Dematagoda at around 8.45 am this morning.

Reportedly, 2 females have been injured in the explosion.

The injured have been admitted to the Colombo National Hospital for treatment.

The cause of the explosion has not been revealed as of yet.

Dematagoda Police have launched investigations into the incident.

Disclaimer: All the comments will be moderated by the AD editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or slanderous. Please avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment and avoid typing all capitalized comments. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by flagging them(mouse over a comment and click the flag icon on the right side). Do use these forums to voice your opinions and create healthy discourse.

Most Viewed Video Stories