2,021 have left quarantine centres so far – Army Chief

2,021 have left quarantine centres so far – Army Chief

March 31, 2020   09:23 pm

-

Army Commander says that a total of 2,021 persons, who were quarantined at the facilities maintained by the security forces, have been sent home so far.

Lieutenant General Shavendra Silva made this remark addressing the media briefing held at National Operation Centre for the Prevention of COVID-19 today (31).

According to him, 16 of the quarantine centres that are under the observation of security forces are now emptied.

However, another total of 1,7232 including 9 foreigners are still being quarantined at the rest of the 32 facilities, he added.

Another group of persons who have completed the quarantine process is to leave for homes tomorrow (April 01), Army Chief said further.

Disclaimer: All the comments will be moderated by the AD editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or slanderous. Please avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment and avoid typing all capitalized comments. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by flagging them(mouse over a comment and click the flag icon on the right side). Do use these forums to voice your opinions and create healthy discourse.

Most Viewed Video Stories