National Action Committee to prevent spread of coronavirus in Sri Lanka
January 26, 2020 06:51 pm
A 22-member National Action Committee has been set up by the Ministry of Health to prevent the spread of coronavirus in Sri Lanka.
This committee was initiated under the instructions of President Gotabaya Rajapaksa.
Accordingly, the Health Minister Pavithra Wanniarachchi has appointed a committee comprising of the following, to implement health measures and future programs to prevent the Coronavirus from spreading in Sri Lanka:
1. Rear Admiral Jayanath Colombage, Additional Secretary to the President
2. Badhrani Jayawardena, Health Secretary.
3. Dr. Anil Jasinghe, Director General of Health Services
4. Dr. Sunil De Alwis, Additional Secretary
5. Dr. Vaidyalakshmi Somathungu, Additional Secretary
6. Dr. Nihal Jayatilake.
7. Dr. Anuruddha Padeniya, Specialist Doctor
8. Dr. Prasanna Gunasena, Chairman of the Pharmaceutical Corporation (SPC)
9. Dr. Ananda Wijewickrama, Consultant Specialist
10. Brigadier Dr. Krishantha Fernando, representing the Sri Lanka Army
11. Mr. Sudath Samaraweera, Directo, Epidemiology Unit
12. Dr. Paba Palihawadana
13. Jayaruwan Bandara, Director, Medical Research Division.
14. Mr. G. A Chandrasiri, Chairman of the Civil Aviation Authority
15. Controller General of Immigration and Emigration
The committee, under Minister of Health, is scheduled to meet at the Ministry of Health at 5 pm tomorrow (27) to discuss future measures and steps that should be taken to prevent the Coronavirus infection.
In addition, a special discussion will be held at 11 am tomorrow at the Ministry of Health, chaired by Director General of Health Services Dr. Anil Jasinghe, to formulate a technical program to advise the committee.