February 14, 2017 04:17 pm
Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather have reportedly agreed a multi-million dollar deal for an eagerly-anticipated megafight.
Speculation that the pair will clash in a boxing ring has been rife for months, and it is claimed the duo have now thrashed out terms for the showdown.
A source told the Irish Sun: “Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather have agreed a deal to fight and have both settled on their respective fees.
“The contract hasn’t officially been signed yet because of a third party hold-up but all the details have all been agreed on.
“The fight could even be announced within two weeks.”
McGregor - who holds the UFC’s lightweight belt - has long agitated for a crossover fight with Mayweather.
The Irishman said last month that he had made it his priority.
He said: “I’m going to go to Las Vegas, get my boxing license and then we see where the f*** Floyd’s at.
“I have my eyes on one thing and that’s Floyd Mayweather.”
McGregor has been given permission by the UFC to take the fight, despite having five bouts left on his lucrative contract with the mixed martial arts promotion.
Mayweather has not fought since he outpointed Andre Berto in his retirement fight in September 2015.
Victory for the ring legend would see his record stand at a perfect 50-0.